Blog

HomeDefaultMiscarriage Factors You Should Watch Out For

Miscarriage Factors You Should Watch Out For

Miscarriage can be a devastating issue. When a mother is brimming with hope and joy, especially after you’ve announced the happy news to everybody, the loss of an unborn child is indescribable.

After your doctor tries to calm you down by explaining that it’s entirely not your fault, you still blame yourself.

What did you do wrong? What could you have done to prevent this?

To all mothers who are enjoying the magical months of pregnancy, here are kind words to you: your baby’s life is very fragile and it is not worth risking for anything.

To those who have experienced the pain of losing, don’t despair. It’s okay to borrow a shoulder and just cry your heart out. It’s okay to complain to someone.

But don’t let yourself stay down for too long. Stand up and believe that you can prevent it next time. Rejoice that experts tell all healthy mothers that miscarriage happens only once and you have a big chance to deliver healthy babies in the future.

Detecting Miscarriage

This is the first thing that mothers should learn. A quick call to the doctor may save your baby and your life.

Bleeding. Differentiate this from spotting. Spots of blood during pregnancy is normal. But if you’re experiencing a heavy blood flow like a menstruation, this can be a sign of miscarriage.

Great abdominal pain. Much like experiencing menstruation, only worse, because you’re pregnant and this can mean that your baby is losing its hang to your body.

Prevention

1.      Know the statistics

You have 85% chance of delivering your baby safely, which means there’s a 15% chance of experiencing miscarriage. Often, the cause is unknown. More than half of miscarriages that happen cannot be linked to its cause.

Even if there is, the cause is often outside anyone’s control. So, feel less guilt by knowing that it was not your fault. Feel sad, but don’t blame yourself.

2.      Medical conditions

If this happens for a second time, do check out with your healthcare provider to see if there’s any abnormalities in you and your partner’s body.

Chromosomal abnormalities sometimes exist and will not affect you in daily life, but will affect your ability to bear an offspring.

If such is the case, plan with your doctor for ways to have a baby alternatively or to treat the abnormalities before setting out to have a baby.

3.      Improving lifestyle

This means that you withhold yourself from consuming addictives and indulging in dangerous activities. Parents emphasizes on abstinence from smoking, drinking, extreme sports and irregular sleeping & eating schedules.

Drinking even a single sip will increase the chance of miscarriage or affect the health of your baby, so stay away from alcoholic drinks.

Depending on the strength of your womb, extreme sports are dangerous and kills weak embryos. Irregular sleeping schedules result in weak body, which is also a factor of dying unborn child.

4.      Don’t sleep all the time

If getting tired and having to carry an extra load 24 hour a day becomes your reason to laze around, don’t. Always exercise regularly and if you are not used to it, this is the more reason to start exercising.

Keeping your body healthy and helping with delivering as well as post-delivery stage are benefits of pregnancy exercise.

5.      Consume folic acid

Folic acid is a great way to protect your baby from defects and other disorders and disabilities. Ultimately, it helps prevent miscarriage when consumed regularly starting before conception.

6.      Don’t let your tummy bump too much

Prevent direct contact or bumping of your tummy. At all times, stay alert of possible places that can be dangerous, shallow or even sharp objects that can possibly hurt you or your tummy.

7.      Don’t stress out

This a magical moment to enjoy. Do not let yourself stress out too much. Leave the thinking to your husband or do yoga exercises to help calm yourself down.

It is also good to search for ways to manage your stress. Enjoy calm music, panorama view, or simply a cup of coffee while reading a pregnancy magazine.

8.      Don’t travel too much

Travelling can be stressful and tiring. When you’re tired, your baby gets tired too. Travel as necessary and when you do, BabyCenter reminds to always inform your midwife, healthcare provider or prenatal caregiver.

9.      Get someone else to clean the litter box

Cats are able to carry toxoplasmosis through feces. This can be transmitted to you and your baby which can cause serious birth defects.

However, this rarely happens when your pet cat has been around for a long time and if you had the virus when you were younger. If your body has formed an immune system towards it, it is safe to say that your baby won’t get the virus.

But just to be sure, have somebody else do it whenever possible and don’t try your luck. AmericanPregnancyAssociation also warns about the same thing.

Written by

The author didnt add any Information to his profile yet